Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Trains, Planes & Automobiles


Let's get one thing straight: I hate drawing cars. HATE them. And they are only one on a list of things I hate drawing. What else is on the list? Of course I can't think of any at the moment, but I can say that trees and plants aren't far behind.

But I do like to take on the challenge of drawing things I know I don't like, because eventually, I will have to draw them. Such was the case at work last month. I needed to draw up some concept pieces for a project we are doing here, which I can't elaborate on too much just yet, but let's just say that it will be available to the public for purchase. I needed to draw up a Mustang, Challenger, and Camaro. These drawings went through several rounds of changes, (more so the paint schemes) but this is what we finally ended up on.

(Click to Enlarge)


So there you have it. This post will have updates following, when I am able to divulge more about what you are looking at.

The moral of this post? My fellow artists, always draw everything. You never know when you will be called upon to take on something out of the blue that may not particularly be your strong suit. It would be much better to take the job than to have to decline, no?



No comments:

Post a Comment